[U-Boot] U-Boot git usage model

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 13 21:20:57 CEST 2012

Dear Scott Wood,

In message <1349979213.6903.11 at snotra> you wrote:

> I've been signing off patches I apply to the NAND tree.  I recall
> stopping at one point in the past because someone complained, and then
> starting again -- not sure if someone else complained about doing it
> *that* way, or if I just noticed others doing it.
>
> Looking through the history I see others that seems to be doing the
> same (outside ARMland), though I can't say for sure without
> investigating whether the patch was "passed on without any changes" in
> each instance.

It appears there are companies who evaluate their engineers based on
the number of statistical data (including SoB lines in public
repositories).  Sosome cases such doing may be just some form of
collecting brownie points...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You don't have to stay up nights to succeed; you have to  stay  awake
days.