[U-Boot] File placement in Soc / board dirs and make issues

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sun Oct 14 10:37:52 CEST 2012

Hi Tom,

(seems like gmail does not honor the rule that replies should drop the
"(was: xxxxx)" part in an e-mail subject; but hey, neither does Claws
apparently. Sigh.)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:17:41 -0700, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:15:02 -0700, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:27:09AM +0200, stefano babic wrote:
> >>
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> I'll admit that maybe my make-fu is off, but that idea doesn't work, at
> >> least for SPL.  So I'd really like someone to make that work first.
> >
> > Tom, can you be more specific than 'it doesn't work'? :)
> >
> > Seriously, though, I'm interested in understand what the make issue is
> > there, because I am indeed a proponent of putting files where they
> > belong to, so if help is needed there, I would try to.
>
> I have had no luck moving things like the 'MLO' rule from spl/Makefile
> to anywhere else.  Same with the 'checkthumb' rule in the top-level
> Makefile.

Ok, now it is more precise :) but still not enough for me to
efficiently try and analyze the issue.

Let's take the checkthumb rule. Where did you try to move it?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.