[U-Boot] Uncompress error with LZO

Matthias Weißer weisserm at arcor.de
Thu Oct 18 14:24:20 CEST 2012

Hi

I get some misterious errors from time to time when decompressing an LZO
compressed image. The output is as follows

zmx25> bootm 0x82000000
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
    Image Name:   zmx25-gfx ifs
    Image Type:   ARM QNX Kernel Image (lzo compressed)
    Data Size:    8181868 Bytes = 7.8 MiB
    Load Address: 80000000
    Entry Point:  80000000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... LZO: uncompress or overwrite error -5
- must RESET board to recover
resetting ...

RAM is from 0x80000000 to 0x83ffffff. The image was transfered using
TFTP and has an uncompressed size of about 20MB. If I change something
in the image so that the compressed data is different it works. If an
image is "broken" it is always broken so the behavior is reproducable. I
compress the image under windows using:

 > lzop.exe -f -9 zmx25-gfx-codesys.ifs
 > lzop.exe -V
                           Lempel-Ziv-Oberhumer Packer
                            Copyright (C) 1996 - 2010
lzop v1.03         Markus Franz Xaver Johannes Oberhumer          Nov
1st 2010

lzop version: v1.03, Nov 1st 2010
lzop build date: Nov  1 2010 12:45:58

The image is then created with

 > mkimage.exe  -A ARM -O QNX -T kernel -C lzo  -n "zmx25-gfx-codesys
ifs" -a 0x80000000 -e 0x80000000 -d zmx25-gfx-codesys.ifs.lzo
zmx25-gfx-codesys.lzo.img

Is someone out there who have observed similar behavior? Am I doing
something wrong?

Regards
Matthias