[U-Boot] Colibri PXA270 too slow

Takács Áron takacs.aron at infracont.hu
Fri Oct 19 09:09:04 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to configure u-boot-2012.07 for the Colibri PXA270 board
from Toradex. I have configured it using the config file shipped within
u-boot, compiled it and got it running. My problem is that it takes
about 3 seconds till the first output on the serial port. I have tried
to #undef all the command that are not needed but the time win was only
about ~0.2sec. Could you please give me some hint show could I do it to
be faster? I have used an earlier version of u-boot (2010.09) too, and I
got it to show a splash screen within 1 sec. Why is the newer version so
much slower?
Another question:
I was using the 2010.09 version of u-boot with a display with 16bpp
(5r6g5b). Now I have one with 18bpp (6r6g6b). How should I setup the lcd
(in pxafb.c) to get it working?
Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Áron