[U-Boot] fw_printenv is not working

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 22 15:19:20 CEST 2012

Dear Nih_a,

when replying to a mail, please make sure to maintain thread
information, i. e. make sure to set appropriate In-reply-to: and

In message <34585226.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I am also facing the same issue. I am also getting the error:
> fw_printenv: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected
> whenever I give command fw_printenv. I am using OMAPL138 EVM board.

I guess you did not read  tools/env/README , or did you?  Did you
follow the instructions of setting HOSTCC= in the call to make ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When the tide of life turns against you
And the current upsets your boat
Don't waste tears on what might have been
Just lie on your back and float.