[U-Boot] P2020rdb :- process hangs while invalidate_tlb's

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Oct 23 01:58:57 CEST 2012

On 10/18/2012 05:50:23 AM, diyaa wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am working on a custom board (VPX Based P2020 board) and trying  to
> port
> u-boot-2011.09 (supports P2020 RDB) in it . Our board is similar to
> P2020RDB
> board and the technical specification is shown below ,

You should always try with the latest version when asking for help
(even if you will eventually need to use an older version for some
other (usually not very good) reason).

> ->Processor
>
>     Freescale QorIQ P2020 processor
>     Dual PowerPC e500v2 cores at up to 1.2 GHz
>     512 kB of shared L2 cache
>
> ->Memory
>
>     1 GB of DDR3-600 SDRAM
>     128 MB of NOR flash (16-bit)
>
> Through Codewarroier Emulator Tool, We checked the DDR,FLASH,Uart
> console
> and its working fine without any issue.
>
> when we ported u-boot (u-boot-2011.09) at boot rom location
> 0xFFF80000, it
> fails at invalidate_tlbs in cpu_init_early_f  and cannot proceed to
> get
> serial console .we probed the flash CS while poweron boot , processor
> is
> keeping bunch of CS( confirms processor able to access flash)
>

> Why its getting held up while invalidating tlb's

Are you sure that's where it's failing?  It could be that you just
can't single step through that boot phase.  There were recently applied
patches to shrink the "undebuggable" window somewhat.

If that's not it, probably there's no IPROT TLB entry covering the
address you're running out of, or covering the initial RAM area.  Have
you tried dumping the TLB?

-Scott