[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Oct 23 18:20:45 CEST 2012

Fleming Andy-AFLEMING wrote:

> Ah, I knew there was one more I needed to send a mail about. The 5040
> patch wouldn't apply anymore. Could you rebase? I was unable to
> determine how to fix it.

Rebase again?  Ugh.

> The CRC patch met with fierce opposition, so I
> haven't applied it.

The only opposition was from Wolfgang, and he was opposed to our EEPROM
format as a whole, not to our patch.  He doesn't like the idea that the
only way to know the location of the CRC is to first read the ID field.
Scott and I explained to him that we don't control this format, we just
implement it.

So I don't think there is any reasonable objection to my patch.  Please
apply it.  Without it, we have a broken implementation of the EEPROM
parser, and *that* is not acceptable.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale