[U-Boot] UBIFS fails on SheevaPlug

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 29 09:38:51 CET 2012

Dear Dimax,

On 29.10.2012 07:55, Dimax wrote:
> HI,
> So you say I have to rebuild u-boot with expanded CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN.
> So far I have used rebuild images from:
> http://people.debian.org/~tbm/u-boot/2011.12-3/sheevaplug/u-boot.kwb
> <http://people.debian.org/%7Etbm/u-boot/2011.12-3/sheevaplug/u-boot.kwb>
>
> I see following files in the parrent directory:
>
> [   ] u-boot_2012.04.01-2.debian.tar.gz <http://people.debian.org/%7Etbm/u-boot/2012.04.01-2/u-boot_2012.04.01-2.debian.tar.gz>
> [   ] u-boot_2012.04.01-2_armel.deb <http://people.debian.org/%7Etbm/u-boot/2012.04.01-2/u-boot_2012.04.01-2_armel.deb>
> [   ] u-boot_2012.04.01.orig.tar.bz2 <http://people.debian.org/%7Etbm/u-boot/2012.04.01-2/u-boot_2012.04.01.orig.tar.bz2>

so if you are using a distributed version of u-boot, why don't file a
bug there?

> Is it all I need to rebuild?

Yes, after increasing the size of malloc arena (supposed my suspicion is
correct).

> Are there any general instructions?

Does <u-boot-src>/README section 'Building the Software' fit your needs?
BEWARE! If you never built u-boot you should know you may brick your
device, see the countless de-bricking guides for sheevaplug and prove
you can de-brick it before you brick it ;)

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann