[U-Boot] Current u-boot memory mapping

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Oct 29 19:13:06 CET 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 08:17:00PM +0900, RgC wrote:

[snip]
> My understanding is that after relocation no area between the bottom
> and the top of RAM is reserved. We can use it freely. Is this correct?

Basically, yes.  You can use 'bdinfo' to see what / where things are
being used at run-time.

> If writing to the the "free area" in RAM results in crashing u-boot
> then there is problem in the relocation procedure or a possible linker
> script problem.

Well, it depends on how you trigger that crash.  If you're writing near
where U-Boot is running you can overwrite yourself pretty easily.  If
you aren't, then are you sure you've configured your memory controller
correctly?

--
Tom