[U-Boot] Extload question

Ed Bone ebone127 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:30:37 CET 2012

Hello,

I was looking at the patch "Ext2load: increase read speed" from Patch
149244.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/149244/

I realize this is an older fix, but it looks fairly innocuous.  Is there
any reason this would not work with a board that had storage device behind
a SATA controller?  I ask because we were using an older version of U-Boot
based off the U-Boot 2011.09 release.  The release worked fine using
ext2load but it was obviously slow to load files.  However when attempting
to patch the 149244, we appear to be getting read issues on larger files.
Which seems odd to me.

We are able to load a 32k file no problem.
A 2.1 MB file though has issues though.  The block device doesn't seem to
be able to handle it.

Any thoughts?
Ned