No subject

Thu Oct 11 07:38:59 CEST 2012

1. >dir/powerpc-440-linux-gnu-gdb
2. (gdb) set arch powerpc:common
3. (gdb) file u-boot
4. (gdb) target remote ipaddr:2001
(reset via BDI)
5. s or si

My initial step through will get me to "tlbtab_start" in board/dir/init.S.
and fail like this:

tlbnxt () at start.S:483
483    tlbnxt:    addi    r4,r4,1        /* Next TLB */
(gdb) s
484        bdnz    rsttlb
(gdb) s
504        bl    tlbtab        /* Get tlbtab pointer */
(gdb) s
Cannot access memory at address 0x3f
(gdb) s
tlbtab () at init.S:43
43        tlbtab_start
Cannot access memory at address 0xfffff1f8

If I reset via BDI and step through again I'll receive the "Cannot access
memory at address " at what seems to be random spots.

I'm new to software development, especially at such a low level. Any advice
you may have would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I'm just spinning my
wheels at this point.

Thanks,
Greg

--e89a8ff249dd4b12ed04d7d3f8f6--