[U-Boot] [Patch V4 1/4] MIPS: Add support for MIPS64 cpus

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 2 16:14:42 CEST 2012

Dear Zhi-zhou Zhang,

In message <CACFOYQmTwH-7SwnS_QgPcXMCZovbXhkJPJhJnFi92zXcZazVug at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > As requested before: please make sure your patches are bisectable.
> > This references file mips64.lds, but doesn;t add it, so it cannot
> > work.
> >
> I'm a new learner, Please forgive my faults. So do you mean that we should can build
> u-boot on each submit? If it is, should I resend these patch?

When running "git bisect", any commit may be selected for building, so
it is essential that the code is at least compile clean for all
commits.  That means for example that you cannot add files in a later
commit, because then any earlier commits which try to reference these
would cause build errors.

Your patches need to be reorganized to make sure of this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One friend in a lifetime is much; two  are  many;  three  are  hardly
possible. Friendship needs a certain parallelism of life, a community
of thought, a rivalry of aim.                     - Henry Brook Adams