[U-Boot] How to manage RMOBILE patches?

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu iwamatsu at nigauri.org
Wed Sep 5 04:22:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Nobuhiro Iwamatsu,
>
> In message <CABMQnVLBEEjcEtfTzdeThHfTLp=b24QSOgnFjbZr-8YWYTJUhg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> I am working supporting  Renesas RMOBILE to U-Boot.
>> Renesas's RMOBILE SoC family contains an ARM Cortex-A9, and this uses
>> the same IP as SH.
>> (For example, timer, ether, serial, etc.)
>> I already sent to patches of rmobile, I got review from some developers.
>> And the patch is managed by the arm/rmobile branch of u-boot-sh[0]
>> which I have maintained, now.
>> Since I had you take the patch of rmobile into an ARM repository, I
>> consulted with Albert about the
>> future development approach.
>>
>> We thought two methods are considered.
>> One is Albert picks up a patch from ML to ARM repository,
>
> As this is ARM code, this appears the most natural approach to me.
>
>> Another is whether to have pull from the repository by having a
>> repository for rmobile made.
>
> If this is an ARM SoC, then it should go through the ARM repo - even
> if we should later decide that there is so much traffic that a
> separate rmobile repo would be sustified, thi would still be a
> sub-repo, which Albert would pull from.

Yes, I understood these. But Albert said "I won't pull from
u-boot-sh.git. becauase this
repository is not ARM tree."  in the inside of mail with him.
I think that I also want rmobile to receive request-pull like other
ARM SoCs if possible.
Of course, I want to take precedence to the code of rmobile being taken in.

Best regards,
 Nobuhiro
--
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu