[U-Boot] msm7630 mainline request

Andy Fleming afleming at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 22:37:54 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Srikanth Reddy
<Srikanth.Reddy at lntinfotech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The patch for msm7630 was released to the u-boot community on 16-Feb-2-2012 can this be mainlined in v2012.07 release.The Patches contain the following support
>         * low speed uart for msm7630
>         * inter processor communication
>         * qc_mmc microcontroller

I see that you've got patches that modify the qc_mmc code. It sounded
familiar, so I looked it up. Looks like I marked the patch as
"deferred". My recollection is that this is because I sent a large
review of the patch, and the response was that two things were fixed,
and then a large patch. I had a number of questions which were
unanswered, plus the new patch did nothing to clarify any of my
questions. And some of the issues I mentioned were silently ignored.

Also, it sets "flags" which has just been removed.

Please re-base the qc_mmc patch against top of tree (u-boot-mmc)

Andy