[U-Boot] cuImage doesn't boot with u-boot 2009.11 version

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Sep 7 18:18:07 CEST 2012

On 09/07/2012 11:07 AM, narayanasami vijayaraghavan wrote:
> Hello Scott,  Thanks for replying.
> We have few more products based on different
> ppc-processor/u-boot/linux, all are using cuImage.  So, for better
> maintenance and uniformity,  I am trying cuImage with this new h/w
> (P1020 & u-boot-2009.11).
> Could you please let me know that,
> - Can we make cuImage work with this combination? (by editing the
> wrapper/mkimage, etc)
> - What is the advantage of using uImage, instead of cuImage?

cuImage was implemented specifically for compatibility with old boards
with old U-Boots that don't support device trees.  If you want to use it
for anything else, you're on your own.  It relies on an old, very
fragile and non-extensible interface for passing information from U-Boot
to Linux.

Could you make it work?  Probably.  Should you?  No.

-Scott