[U-Boot] A little introduction

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Sep 7 17:24:25 CEST 2012

A little introduction to let you know who I am and why I am here.

I am maintaining u-boot support for Allwinner A1x class CPUs, and ARM
Cortex A8 class SoC by chineese Allwinner Tech.
http://www.github.com/hno/uboot-allwinner/

To be honest I am not guilty to much of the code. The bulk of the A10
support was kindly donated by Allwinner via Tom Cubie, including a SPL
support enabling the A10 boot rom to boot u-boot dir4ectly from sd
cards. So far for th A10 I have mostly managed to produce failed ports
to later u-boot versions where SPL crashes and cleaned things up a
little.

For the last couple of months I have been staring at A13, the newer
little brother of A10, trying to get SPL to work there and now finally I
have got the pieces together and we have a working (but not optimal) SPL
for A13.

Also involved in the free kernel development for Allwinner A1x class
SoCs and other supporting tools for the SoC family.

Outside u-boot I am the proud father of 6 wonderful kids, president of
the Squid Software Foundation, and an independent IT consultant focusing
on Linux & networking.

Been hacking on computers for more than 3 decades, ranging from demo
programming, game development, web interfaces, application level
proxies, kernel drivers, and now back to bare metal in u-boot.

My work on u-boot is done by interest in both the SoCs in question and
bare metal development, and plan to continue looking after this class of
SoCs for quite some time.

Kind regards
Henrik Nordström
Sweden