[U-Boot] Next steps

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Wed Sep 12 17:15:04 CEST 2012

Hey all,

I know some of you have known me for ages, and some of you only as long
as my jaunt back into U-Boot over the last year.  Rather than talk
myself up, I'd like to go with actions to let everyone know you're in
good hands.

I'd like to ask a few things of the community right now.  If you're a
custodian and have an outstanding pull request (I see a few on the
mailing list right now even), please assign it to me in patchwork and
shoot me a private email with a link too.  If you aren't in patchwork
please sign up.  I know it's imperfect and we've talked about how to
make something better, but it's the tool we have today.

If you're a developer, and you have outstanding patches without an
obvious custodian, please assign it to me in patchwork after making sure
it applies to top of tree mainline still and shoot me a private email
with the links and perhaps a few lines about what your patch(s) do.

Finally, I'd like to ask for your patience as I come up to speed on
everything that's outstanding still.  I'd like to do -rc1 on the 21st of
this month, -rc2 on the 28th, -rc3 on Oct 5th and release on Oct 15th.

--
Tom