[U-Boot] Don't get any interrupts once I boot into Linux

Benoît Thébaudeau benoit.thebaudeau at advansee.com
Fri Sep 14 19:32:50 CEST 2012

On Friday, September 14, 2012 7:04:14 PM, Greg Topmiller wrote:
> SoC: i.MX51
> Board: mx51evk and our own board that is based on the mx51evk.
> Linux: FSL version.

Perfect, so we are in exactly the same test conditions, except for mx51evk.

Can you try mx51evk with U-Boot 2012.07 and mainline Linux 3.5.3, using the
default configs and unpatched code?

My debug plan for the next steps is:
 - Find out if FSL's U-Boot 2009.12 touches TZIC in some way.
 - Using a JTAG probe in the calibrate_delay() loop, dump TZIC registers to
   check GPT interrupt security, priority, pending status, FIQ vs. IRQ vs. CPSR
   and wakeup stuff.
 - If not pending, then the issue probably comes from the GPT; otherwise, from
   interrupt propagation.
 - Use the TZIC registers to trigger the GPT interrupt to see if the handler
   gets called.

Best regards,
Benoît