[U-Boot] USB ehci driver query

Puneet Sharma puneet.sharma at moschip.com
Tue Sep 18 12:02:21 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am new to u-boot code. I am reading the usb host controller code for
root hub configuration. I have some queries regarding some code. If
anyone has got understanding about it pls explain it to me.

In usb.c the core calls the usb controller driver (ehci-hcd.c) by
issuing command GET_DESCRIPTOR to know the maximum packet size the
endpoint supports.

It than once again calls the driver by issuing command SET_ADDRESS to
give address 1 to root hub.

Than it issues command GET_DESCRIPTOR second time and this time creates
a queue head(QH) and associated queue transfer descriptors(qTD). The
code for
this is in function ehci_submit_async() (drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.c). I
am not getting the purpose of calling this function and what the usb
core is achieving by calling it.

If anyone can throw some light on it.

Regards
--
Puneet Sharma <puneet.sharma at moschip.com>

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.