[U-Boot] arch/powerpc/lib/board.c:get_effective_memsize() for 4GB+ systems

Robert Thorhuus robert.thorhuus at ericsson.com
Wed Sep 19 17:28:01 CEST 2012

Hello!

I'm having problem with my U-Boot for a PowerPC system. I think the root cause is that the function get_effective_memsize() (in file arch/powerpc/lib/board.c) returns 0.

ulong get_effective_memsize(void)
{
#ifndef	CONFIG_VERY_BIG_RAM
	return gd->ram_size;
#else
	/* limit stack to what we can reasonable map */
	return ((gd->ram_size > CONFIG_MAX_MEM_MAPPED) ?
		CONFIG_MAX_MEM_MAPPED : gd->ram_size);
#endif
}

Since the system have 24GB of RAM I have fiddled around so both CONFIG_MAX_MEM_MAPPED is actually 24GB and also gd->ram_size is 24GB.

Is it just me who have completely missed how U-Boot works or what?

Thanks for help
BR
Robert