[U-Boot] mkimage on Cygwin

Yuriy Dragunov yuriy.dragunov at labxtechnologies.com
Wed Sep 19 17:34:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I recently tried to get mkimage compiling on Cygwin and was successful with
a fresh git clone and with 'make tools' on the command line, except that I
had to modify config.mk to not include the -ansi flag for Cygwin (line 75
in my config.mk). I don't know why this line is included, since -ansi
breaks any code that includes include/libfdt.h (which uses the 'inline'
keyword), and seems fairly deprecated at this point. After commenting out
that line, 'make tools' works cleanly from the command line. I thought I'd
post this information, even though we have been using our own copy of
U-Boot for some time, and maybe the mainline has already addressed this
issue. Perhaps this could ease future efforts by others to use U-Boot (or
at least its tools) on Windows/Cygwin.
--
Yuriy Dragunov
Associate Embedded Engineer