[U-Boot] I2C on iMX25

Matthias Weißer weisserm at arcor.de
Mon Sep 24 11:32:30 CEST 2012

Hi Stefano

I am currently in the process of updating my zmx25 board support for a new
hardware revision where I need I2C access. I2C on imx25 currently fails
to build:

mxc_i2c.c: In function 'i2c_imx_get_clk':
mxc_i2c.c:101:31: error: 'MXC_IPG_PERCLK' undeclared (first use in this
function)

I can easily fix this by replacing MXC_IPG_PERCLK with MXC_I2C_CLK. But
MXC_I2C_CLK is only defined for imx25. So, this change will break all other
imx chips. I can now add MXC_IPG_PERCLK to arch-mx25/clock.h and adopt
generic.c accordingly but I don't think that this is the right way to go
as the i2c clock can be different from perclk. Doing this
#define MXC_IPG_PERCLK MXC_I2C_CLK
in my config file is even more ugly.

Do you have any advice for me how to solve that?

Regards
Matthias