[U-Boot] KernelDoc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 26 09:12:10 CEST 2012

Dear Prabhakar Lad,

In message <CA+V-a8vZ-715eL1MNvxhYCGNWv5YSGuoNn5hZQeMFN5ZKtpKMQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > I really like the idea of annotating functions with proper description, thus I
> > would like to ask, can we reach a general agreement and start using kerneldoc in
> > U-Boot to annotate functions and possibly generate documentation? Or shall we
> > use anything else?
> >
>  +1 for kerneldoc.

Could you please explain what exactly your vote is supposed to mean?

Shall it become mandatory for all new code submitted?  Shall all
patches submitted from now on be rejected when the code they touch is
not accordingly documented?

What is the goal you see for using this?

I'm afraid I don't know what exactly you voted for...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many QA engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 3:  1  to
screw it in and 2 to say "I told you so" when it doesn't work.