[U-Boot] bootm command in U-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 26 16:14:43 CEST 2012

Dear Manukumar,

[excessive Cc: list truncated]

In message <1348656159.2591.4.camel at Manukumar> you wrote:

> bootm command will modify the dts/dtb file's memory section, and pass
> the memory size into Kernel by dts/dtb file.

It does this, and more things, depending on architecture and board.
for example, it will most likely also insert the MAC address(es) into
the device tree.

> please provide me information how dose bootm command is related to dts
> file.and how to overcome this issue.

I don't see why you would want to "overcome" this.  This is an
important and extremely useful capability of U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Steal five dollars and you were a petty  thief.  Steal  thousands  of
dollars and you are either a government or a hero.
                                   - Terry Pratchett, _Going_Postal_