[U-Boot] i.MX: mtdparts on spi nor, load kernel from jffs2

Mårten Wikman marten.wikman at novia.fi
Thu Aug 22 12:01:51 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using a SPI NOR to hold u-boot, kernel and rootfs. At the moment I
have created three mtd partitions for this in linux device-tree file.

Rootfs is using jffs2. Now I want to move kernel from mtd1 so it's can
be included in rootfs image and in this way it should be simpler to
replace the kernel with a new one.

Now to the problem, I have enabled jffs2 in u-boot configuration but I
haven't been able to figure out how to make u-boot talk with my SPI
NOR memory to access the jffs2 partition on it. Does u-boot even
support using mtdparts with SPI NOR or is it limited to some nor
memories?

Best regards,

Mårten Wikman