[U-Boot] [U-boot] CONFIG_FIT and CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT

TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn
Mon Aug 26 04:40:27 CEST 2013

Hi, Rini:
>CONFIG_FIT and CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT are indeed unrelated options.  You can
>use DT files with legacy images and plain zImages as well.

Thanks for your reply!

I also have a question about CONFIG_OF_CONTROL.
If CONFIG_OF_CONTROL is defined, then Uboot will use FDT to configure
device.
But based on README, it said:
This option is experimental and only available on a few boards.

So, most currently released u-boot binary still didn't use FDT to
configure device during uboot posting phase?
Just use FDT as kernel parameter passed to linux kernel's entry point?

Best wishes,