[U-Boot] OMAP4: NAND support (confusion)

Vikram Singh Shekhawat vikram.singh at vvdntech.com
Thu Dec 5 10:57:02 CET 2013

hi all,

I am looking into nand for omap4, i have added patches for nand support in
omap4 but have some doubts.

1) In thease patches we are not using CONFIG's register for chip select, we
define that in arch/arm/include/asm/arch-omap4/mem.h(as copied from omap3's
mem.h) but thease are not uses in arch/arm/cpu/armv7/omap-common/mem.c or
any other place in u-boot for omap4.

Is it possible without adding thease CONFIG's register, NAND will works
properly.

2) I am not understanding what is the meaning of GPMC_SIZE_256M ,
GPMC_SIZE_128M , GPMC_SIZE_64M , GPMC_SIZE_32M,

   GPMC_SIZE_16M.Defined in arch/arm/include/asm/arch-omap4/mem.h. I have a
MT29F4G08ABBD(NAND with 4 GB space) which gpmc size configuration i need
for this nand chip.

Thanks & regards
Vikram singh shekhawat