[U-Boot] Stale references in the u-boot-samsung repo

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Dec 6 17:41:11 CET 2013

Hi Minkyu,

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:44:28 +0900, Minkyu Kang <mk7.kang at samsung.com>
wrote:

> Hi Albert,
>
> On 06/12/13 17:44, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> > Hi Minkyu,
> >
> > While fetching u-boot-samsung, I could see the following messages:
> >
> > remote: error: refs/remotes/origin/GPL-Cleanup does not point to a
> > valid object!
> >
> > remote: error: refs/remotes/origin/i.MX31 does not point to a valid
> > object!
> >
> > remote: error: refs/remotes/origin/lwmon5 does not point to a valid
> > object!
> >
> > remote: error: refs/remotes/origin/mkimage does not point to a valid
> > object!
> >
> > It looks like these branches that were pushed on the remote, then later
> > the commit to which they point was cleaned up.
> >
> > Can you fix this? Thanks in advance!
> >

> Please let me know how I can fix it!

For branches which you still need to publish and for which are correct
in your working repo, you can do a push as you would for master or
next, e.g.

	git push [...] branchname:branchname

where branchname should be replaced (on both sides of the colon) with
the actual name of the branch you want to update.

For branches which you don't need to publish any more, you can remove
them on the Denx repo with:

	git push [...] :branchname

where there is nothing on the left side of the colon, and branchname
is replaced with the actual name of the branch you want to remove.

> Thanks,
> Minkyu Kang.

Amicalement,
--