[U-Boot] am335x: cpsw: optimize cpsw_recv to increase network performance

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Dec 12 14:45:01 CET 2013

On 12.12.2013 14:39, Tom Rini wrote:
>>> Good point - indeed I had I/D caches enabled for other reasons
>>> already (md5/sha1 caclulations, ..)
>>
>> Hmmm. I expected that caches are enabled already. Since I didn't
>> see any "D-Cache disabled message" in the startup log.
>>
>> If this is not that case, then such cache support would be greatly
>> appreciated. :)
>
> Check your logs?  Unless you've also got a patched tree you should see
> "WARNING: Caches disabled" or so, because, yeah, oops, am335x got in
> with caches disabled, and then I forgot about it.

This is what I got currently (mainline):

U-Boot 2014.01-rc1-00165-ge03c76c (Dec 12 2013 - 09:26:20)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  128 MiB
Enable d-cache
DFU USB: VID = 0x 908, PID = 0x 2d2
NAND:  256 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
Net:   cpsw

So caches seem to be enabled, right? Or is i-cache still missing?

Thanks,
Stefan