[U-Boot] U-Boot Bug with newer GCC

Priebe, Sebastian Sebastian.Priebe at cadcon.de
Fri Feb 1 08:55:57 CET 2013

Hello,

we are using u-boot in our embedded system with arm-1136jfs cpu.
We recently tried a new toolchain with GCC 4.7.2.
If compiled with the new toolchain the feature CONFIG_AUTO_COMPLETE isn't working.
U-Boot start normally and on hitting TAB the system freezes.
I tracked the problem down the variables __u_boot_cmd_start and __u_boot_cmd_end. Both are not valid with the new toolchain. And accessing one results in a system freeze.
Probably the is a problem in arch/arm/cpu/u-boot.lds. I really bad at linker scripts.

Can someone help here?

Thanks.
Sebastian

CADCON
Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Robert Bauer, Andreas Gundel
Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-86368 Gersthofen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRA 14521