[U-Boot] U-Boot Bug with newer GCC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 1 12:31:11 CET 2013

Dear Sebastian,

In message <E70AF999396FDF4EAE40E195B847096109F5D3A9 at SRVEXCH-2K10.CADCON.INTERN> you wrote:

> we are using u-boot in our embedded system with arm-1136jfs cpu.

Which exact system / board configuration is this?

And which exact U-Boot version (git commit ID ?) is it?

> We recently tried a new toolchain with GCC 4.7.2.
> If compiled with the new toolchain the feature CONFIG_AUTO_COMPLETE isn't working.

We have been using GCC 4.7.2 for several months now, on many systems.
No such problems have been reported before, so I speculate if this is
really a problem with mainline code?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If a man had a child who'd gone  anti-social,  killed  perhaps,  he'd
still tend to protect that child.
	-- McCoy, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4731.3