[U-Boot] U-Boot Bug with newer GCC

Jeroen Hofstee jeroen at myspectrum.nl
Fri Feb 1 18:41:28 CET 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

On 02/01/2013 12:31 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> We recently tried a new toolchain with GCC 4.7.2.
>> If compiled with the new toolchain the feature CONFIG_AUTO_COMPLETE isn't working.
> We have been using GCC 4.7.2 for several months now, on many systems.
> No such problems have been reported before, so I speculate if this is
> really a problem with mainline code?
The twister board has the same problem, tested
4e5eb45898b6f05fef3a4690399726c03bc1f398 with twister_config /
eldk 5.3 on a twister board (and it traps). So it does occur in mainline,
but it must be a combination of board config and code or something,
since also Albert did not know / didn't have this problem.

Regards,
Jeroen