[U-Boot] Fwd: Need a small help/info reg U-Boot.

RajKumar R rraj.be at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:29:28 CET 2013

Hello Friends!
Good Morning/Day.

I am working in Samsung  Research India, and I got a doubt regarding
U-Boot. The below is that and please help me if you can refer some location
where it is explained.

What does the prefix "fw_" means? In Uboot, we have commands like
fw_setenv, fw_printenv, and even files are named with prefix fw_.

What does this fw_ really means?

few friends told me, that, It MIGHT be *firmware*. But I am not sure about
this as I cant get any reference or any solid info about this.,

And I am also looking forward some resource/articles about Alternative
environment used in U-Boot.

I will be so happy if you can help in anyways,

--
Have a Great Day!
With Thanks and Regards,

+91-9488777760 [TN]/
+91-9740077760 [KA]

I am Nothing. Hitler is Dead. Einstein is Dead. Sagan is Dead. I will also
be Dead some day. Let me be true and happy till that day. - rsshingu

0x4974 0x446F456E54 0x4576456E 0x4D6154744552