[U-Boot] Patches for this merge window

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Feb 11 21:47:24 CET 2013

[take 2 for me, gmail defaults to reply not reply-all]

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Simon Glass <sjg at google.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I see quite a lot of non-x86 patches in my todo list - does that mean
> that I should pick them up if I am happy with them, or just assign
> them back to you once I've taken a look?

For stuff you've posted, yes, you can either toss it back to me, toss
it into a branch in u-boot-x86.git or toss it into a patchwork bundle
and hand 'em back to me.

> I'm keen to get the sandbox fs and memory stuff in fairly early if
> possible, since I fear breakages and the longer people have to test
> the better. No one has screamed about map_sysmem() but I'm not sure if
> anyone noticed. So I could pull these in, build and send a pull if
> that suits? Perhaps one series at a time.... Also if Mike is having a
> break should I pull in the SPI ones assigned to me?

In general I've tried to skim patches at least, and will give things
one more read over when it comes back at me to pull in (however that
is).  For trivial SPI stuff (more IDs, etc) yes. For the changes to
writing and output and so forth, keep those in a
separate request if nothing else.

> There is also buildman, and I'm not sure what to do about that. It
> would be nice to have some feedback if people have tried it - I have
> had a few private emails only. I think it's a great help, but it still
> has some rough edges.

I still need to try that myself, sorry.  Has anything changed from the
last series you posted?

> Anyway, please let me know your expectations with the above. Re x86, I
> am going to start applying things this week once the board removable
> patch is sorted out.
>
> Generic board is also a big change, but since it is sort-of parallel
> to existing code and only turned on on a board-by-board basis the risk
> is lower - it just need some weeks of review time IMO.

Sounds good, thanks!

--
Tom