[U-Boot] Support required for PPC440gx

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Feb 13 10:52:29 CET 2013

Hi Sadashiv,

On 13.02.2013 08:11, Sadashiva Reddy N wrote:
> I am Sadashiva Reddy working in Mistral Solutions Pvt Ltd.
>
> I am using AMCC PPC440Gx processor for our project presently the board is
> working with vxWorks.
> But our customer new requirement is same board should be ported with linux
> but porting time is very less.
>
> So, I am asking the help from you.
>
>  Where do I get proper U-boot and kernel source code for the below
> mentioned specification or nearly related board specfication from your
> website.
>
> Can I get any link where I can get the working u-boot and kernel code for
> the below specification or near to the specfication.

No, I'm afraid its not that easy. You seem to have a custom PPC440GX
board which is not supported in mainline U-Boot and Linux. So there is
no link to a "working u-boot and kernel code" for such a configuration.
The 440GX is supported in U-Boot and Linux though (even if its not
tested for quite some time). Best you could do is base your work on a
supported 440GX board, for example the IBM/AMCC/AMP Ocotea board. But
you need to port this code to your custom board.

So either go ahead and do the porting yourself (feel free to ask some
questions while doing this on the lists), or if time is critical and you
have no experience here you might consider to hire an expert to do this.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-51 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de