[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-x86.git

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sun Feb 17 22:32:58 CET 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Simon Glass,
>
> In message <CAPnjgZ2P6sBDXiwXW2TeCdjADMhkN5iNBGrpZbtvwMqUtYVVxA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> This series includes the sandbox map_sysmem() feature, and gets the
>> memory and hashing functions running on sandbox to allow testing/code
>> coverage. I have run it through buildman and it seems clean, with the
>> proviso that I don't have fully-working toolchains for all
>> architectures.
>
> NAK. It is not correct to push changes that affect global code
> through a arch-specific custodian tree, especially if the submitter
> of the patche(es) is identical to the custodian of the very tree, and
> even more so if there have been not ANY independent Acked-by: or at
> least Tested-by: messages.
>
> This is NOT how the peer review process is supposed to work!!
>
> Especially as a custodian you must not do such things.

OK, I was not quite sure what to do, so may have misunderstood Tom's
instructions - there is a short thread here
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/153342

I have created a patchwork bundle instead.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/sjg/sandbox-mem/

Only one patch was Acked, so it could certainly use a few more eyes.
However, it has been on the list for nearly two months, and I feel
that applying things too close to the next release doesn't give people
a lot of time to find problems.

Regards,
Simon