[U-Boot] Notes from the U-Boot BOF Meeting in Geneva 2012/07/12

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 18 10:59:25 CET 2013

Dear Simon,

In message <CAPnjgZ089gS0gLHBVBVARpX=awcyRUUmSLGNiR4HFkwZZLsL-g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > I have started on it - I've ported over the Kbuild infrastructure into a
> > dedicated 'kbuild' makefile which is called from the main makefile. This
> > make modifications to the existing makefile very minimal
> >
> > Now it's just a case of building all the Kconfig files which is, to say the
> > least, a massive task. I have a lot of other things going on, so
> > unfortunately progress is slow
>
> I wonder how you got on with that? Any work-in-progress that could be
> used as a base? Want some help? It seems like a useful feature.

I also wonder if this has to be a one-step change-it-all-at-once
operation?  Maybe we can add the infrastructure in a neutral way, and
then start moving code to the Kconfig files step by step - similar to
what we did with moving Makefile rules out into boards.cfg ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have made mistakes, but have never made the mistake of  claiming  I
never made one.                                     - James G. Bennet