[U-Boot] How to prepare a MTD partion?

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 19:30:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

After defined MTD partions in kernel and u-boot, what's the next steps
to make it mountable?

I have defined two data partitions in MTD out of my NAND flash, each of
which has size of about 800M. Then I want to make them as Yaffs2 and
j2ffs and mount them to use.

In PC linux, I know there are something like mkfs.xxx, which seems not
the case for MTD partitions.  So, can anyone be so kind to tell me
what are steps I need to do in u-boot and out-of-uboot?

Thanks in advance!
--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then