[U-Boot] Porting ehci-exynos.c to handle exynos4412 (odroid-u2)

Suriyan Ramasami suriyan.r at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 11:15:17 CEST 2013

Hi wonderful folks!

    I own an odroid-u2 and the u-boot that comes with it does not have usb
support. Its configuration is smdk4412 and I do not find that in the u-boot
sources. I see it in the arndale and harkernel branches.

   I do see that usb support was added to the arndale platform - which is
exynos5 based. Is it easy to port it for exynos4412?

   I did try it porting on my own accord and am listing it below...

   I seem to be hitting issues in drivers/usb/host/ehci-exynos.c ->
function setup_usb_phy(struct exynos_usb_phy *usb).
Would passing the correct address of usb for the exynos4412 do the trick?
If so what should it be?
  In this same file ehci_hcd_init() uses gpio->x3 and gpio->d1. In exynos4
looks like x3 is from gpio_part2. Also, do the d1 and x3 translate to the
same gpiod1 and gpiox3 in the exynos4412?

Furthermore, ehci-exynos.c uses functions from
arch/arm/cpu/armv7/exynos/system.c which for the most part  are exynos5
oriented and do nothing for exynos4.

Can someone guide me as to what I could do, or some pointers to helpful
docs? I do have the Exynos 4412 user manual.

Thanks
- Suriyan