[U-Boot] U-Boot + libtomcrypt

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 8 18:24:51 CEST 2013

Hi André,

On 08.07.13 10:28, André Schaller wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to add some Random Number Generation functions / Hashing
> Functions to u-boot. I implemented the functionality and now I need to
> include it to the upstream source code of u-boot (inside
> hwinit-common.c). I was wondering if these even works? Is this lib small
> enough to fit in the MLO?

dunno ...

> Can I adjust the size of the MLO if it is too
> large?

Yes you can, but have to respect physical limits ;) The SPL needs to fit
into the SRAM!
There is a pre-defined border for build-time checks (at least on ARM ->
CONFIG_SPL_MAX_SIZE) and some tools to investigate runtime behavior
(*.su files -> read README.SPL 'estimating stack usage').

> Did anyone tried to do this before and could share experiences?

I pulled the software implementation of BCH in SPL to have second NAND
sector secured by BCH8 on OMAP3 devices (which have no ELM). It worked
on board tricorder and devkit8000 but I had to increase the
CONFIG_SPL_MAX_SIZE (AFAIR).

Regards,

Andreas