[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2013.07 released

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Jul 22 22:20:58 CEST 2013

Hey all,

I'm pleased to announce that v2013.07 has been tagged and pushed out,
and will be available shortly in the usual places.

There's once again been a lot of great work done, and aside from the
usual rounds of cleanups, bug fixes and new SoC/board support or
improvements (your favorite vendor has likely added, improved, or both,
their current families support), one thing I want to call out here is
the ability to do verified boot.

For more details, take a look at doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt but in
short, you can now cryptographically sign your boot image (kernel,
device tree, ramdisk) and verify them at run time.  There's still work
to be done to make it easier to tie things to a TPM (it's just
scriptable today), but hey, there it is.  One might even say this is one
of those technical features that makes companies chose something other
than U-Boot..

--
Tom