[U-Boot] Vybrid VF610 mac address issue

Wang Huan-B18965 B18965 at freescale.com
Thu Jun 6 05:30:15 CEST 2013

Hi, Andy, Fabio, Benoît,

[Alison Wang] First of all, the mac address is set in include/configs/vybrid.h as below in Andy's previous u-boot version.
#define CONFIG_ETHADDR		00:e0:0c:bc:e5:60
#define CONFIG_IPADDR		10.81.67.175
Because no hardcoded IP addresses/MAC addresses should be set there, I change the codes. As Fabio said, the mac address is read in the imx_get_mac_from_fuse() function in arch/arm/cpu/armv7/vf610/generic.c now.

I think Andy may not program the mac address correctly in fuses on his board with the mainline version. On my board, the fuses are programmed like this,
The value of OTP fuse Bank4 Word2 is 0x000000e0
The value of OTP fuse Bank4 Word3 is 0x0cbce560

So the mac address can be read from imx_get_mac_from_fuse() function in u-boot. Then we can get "ethaddr=00:e0:0c:bc:e5:60" in u-boot environment variables as below.
Vybrid U-Boot > pri
baudrate=115200
bootdelay=3
ethact=FEC
ethaddr=00:e0:0c:bc:e5:60
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial

Environment size: 121/8188 bytes

Andy, did you program the fuses as above? How about the result after programming the fuses as above?

Best Regards,
Alison Wang