[U-Boot] Micron eMMC problem on sabre SD like card

jean-francois simon jfs at themis.com
Thu Jun 6 11:38:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM, jean-francois simon <jfs at themis.com> wrote:
> We have a new design that is based on Freescale SABRE SD card.
> We see that accesses made to the eMMC (Micron MTFC64GJVDN-4M ) are not working.
> We have placed the eMMC on SD3 (SD4 on Sabre SD). We want to use it in
> 8bit bus width, DDR, fast speed.
> The very first command sent to the device hangs. The hang happens in
> this function, when the mmc driver is waiting for an interrupt to
> occur:

Still stuck on this.
A naive question: Does u-boot mmc driver support dual data rate? I am
not sure looking at the code. I see mentions of version 4.4 and
higher, but nothing about DDR. I am very ignorant of MMC stuff and
even looking at the jedec 4.4 spec, I am not sure if 4.4 support means
DDR is mandatory.

I saw this u-boot thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg78023.html
and I wonder it is still the same situation?

If we hack the Freescale 2009 u-boot to make it run on our design, the
eMMC works just fine.

What should I do? start from Freescale driver and try to port it to
u-boot?  I am kind in the dark here , looking which way to go.
Thanks for any help,
-jfs