[U-Boot] TFTP timeouts, i.mx fec problem?

Ruud Commandeur RCommandeur at clb.nl
Fri Jun 7 11:28:54 CEST 2013

Hi Fabio,

I have not come any further yet in finding the real cause. For now, I just tested with workarounds like lowering the ARP timeout and skipping the phy reset (or only reset for the 1st transfer). Note that also the phy reset and waiting for "link-up" takes about 2 seconds every time. I did not realise earlier that it would take this long, but this is the part before the "TFTP from server..." line is displayed and he transfer even starts.

To my opinion, resetting the phy and restarting auto-negotiation before each transfer seems a bit overdone, especially if a number of transfers are started in a row. But since the MAC is also halted and restarted, perhaps a freshly started phy is recommended?

Up till now, I have not seen too many timeouts during a transfer. But for the last weeks I've been testing mostly with smaller files and focused on the start of the transfer.

Regards,

Ruud