[U-Boot] dfu: make data buffer size configurable

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Wed Jun 12 10:49:22 CEST 2013

Hello Marek,

Am 12.06.2013 10:36, schrieb Marek Vasut:
> Dear Tom Rini,
>
>> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:05:48AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>>> Dear Heiko Schocher,

>>> Such long names are a paint to type. As we can't buffer anything else
>>> but data, we should be able to omit this, i. e. what about
>>>
>>> 	dfu_bufsiz
>>>
>>> ["bufsiz" as used for example as BUFSIZ in C89 stdio.h]
>>
>> Works for me.
>
> WFM, but I need to read the discussion around here. I just stopped playing dead
> beetle. Actually, I'm trying to find out why such a variable is needed at all.
> Can the buffer not be allocated dynamically (and thus dependant only on malloc
> area size)?
>
> Please ignore this if it's been answered in one of the emails I didn't read yet.

posted a v2 for this here:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/250665/

which allocates the buffer in the malloc area, dependend on
the environemnt variable "dfu_bufsiz".

A reason why we should have at last a config option see here:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2013-June/155924.html

bye,
Heiko