[U-Boot] UbiFS recovery

Karsten Jeppesen kjp at skov.dk
Thu Jun 13 07:37:21 CEST 2013

Hi there,

I have a (to me) serious problem.
When U-Boot encounters a UbiFS system that needs cleaning, then it is not always capable of it despite the kernel (I understand it's the same code)  having no problems cleaning the filesystem.
I think I have traced it to super.c where U-Boot only opens the filesystem MS_RDONLY.
Needless to say it's a catch 22 since my kernel resides within the UbiFS.

How can this issue be solved? Some posts suggest that upping the memory allocation should solve this, but my attempts to solve it this way have been short of successful.
Would it be a solution to have an option to access the UbiFS read-write?

Karsten Jeppesen, D.D.S;  Bsc. CS
Senior Software Engineer
Ext.: +45 72 17 56 69
Mobile phone: +45 25 66 00 23
SKOV A/S
Hedelund 4, Glyngoere, 7870 Roslev, Denmark
Tel.: +45 72 17 55 55 - Fax: +45 72 17 59 59
www.skov.com<http://www.skov.com/>

[KJP-QR]