[U-Boot] Merge Window close date

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 19 10:27:38 CEST 2013

Dear Masahiro Yamada,

In message <20130619105426.7444.AA925319 at jp.panasonic.com> you wrote:

> Especailly after reading this
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/104943/focus=104951
> Maybe I became a little nervous about the MW.

I'm not sure what you mean here?

> Let me ask one more question.
>
> How strict is the MW rule in U-Boot development?

Pretty strict, but we are no fanatics. If your patch is clearly local
only (say, affecting definitely only your own board), then we may bend
the rules a bit.  Massiveglobal changes are a strict no, no, though.

> I can't say for sure because I'm quite new here,
> but the development looks (at least to me)
> to keep going regardless of the MW status.

Of course development goes on continuously.  But patches willnot be
accepted into the current mainline tree until the net MW opens.  Often
there will be "next" trees or similar in the respective custodians
repositories.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.         -- D.E. Knuth