[U-Boot] Not abled to upload binary using "dfu-util"

Sumit Gemini sumit.gemini0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:40:26 CEST 2013

Hi Tom,

   Thanks for reply and need more help...

on host machine i can easily see the all partition by applying "dfu-util
-l".
and i am able to download images from pc to dfu-devices and it running
fine, but in case of uploading (from dfu-device to PC), my system just
copied only 1 byte data, and said uploading finished.

i stuck here, even i am not getting where is error. and yes when i applied

on host machine : dfu-util -a u-boot -U DFU-UBOOT

Got this output on host machine:-

                           bytes_per_hash=4096
                           Copying data from DFU device to PC
                           Starting upload: [] finished!

                          and file DFU-UBOOT created with 4KB size.

on target machine got such output :

                          Running: sf read 0x00000000 0x20000 0x0
                          Failed to map physical memory.

here 0x20000 is my u-boot base address.

and sorry for saying i am very new in this DFU, i got complete source code
from client and i already check dfu source code even there is a entry for
dfu usb gadget in board file(am335x.h).

so now what should i verify regarding dfu.
if you want i can send you my board file.

Thanks
~Sumit Gemini