[U-Boot] Help with Glomation GESBC-9G20

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Mon Jun 24 10:02:24 CEST 2013

I have found why the latest U-Boot does not work on my Glomation GESBC-9G20 board.  Two causes: a bad code text segment address (prevents U-Boot from executing) and bad flash partition offsets (prevents U-Boot from reading its environment variables).  The latter I assume is common, as the flash partition layout can vary.  The former has to do with where the primary boot loader expects to find U-Boot's entry point.  The primary boot loader comes from Atmel, I believe, and I assume does not change.  Yet, the 2011.06 release of U-Boot changed that address.  (FYI: the two immediately preceding releases, 2010.12 and 2011.03, fail to compile with configuration errors.  There were definitely changes taking place during that time with the Atmel AT91SAM U-Boot code.)  That may be a bug.  I don't know who the authority on that question would be.  If it is decided the U-Boot code text segment address is incorrect, it wold be nice to fix that in the upcoming release.  (If there is time.)

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov