[U-Boot] Help with Glomation GESBC-9G20

Bo Shen voice.shen at atmel.com
Mon Jun 24 11:20:37 CEST 2013

Hi Larry Baker,
   Please stop top posting.

On 6/24/2013 16:45, Larry Baker wrote:
>   Is there a way to know the U-Boot partition size the at91loader expects?

Till now, there is no such function. However, if you use new bootstrap,
it will show useful information as following:

---8>---
AT91Bootstrap 3.5.3 (Thu Apr 25 10:08:24 CST 2013)

NAND: ONFI not supported
NAND: Manufacturer ID: 0xec Chip ID: 0xda
NAND: Disable On-Die ECC
NAND: Press the recovery button (BP4) to recovery
NAND: Using Software ECC
NAND: Image: Copy 0x80000 bytes from 0x40000 to 0x21f00000
NAND: Done to load image
---<8---

> I really want to get a UBIFS root file system on this board.  But, I haven't figured out how to do that yet, nor have I found a rootfs small enough to fit yet.

For UBI file system support
1. if you want to mount, read or something else with u-boot, please
reference to <include/configs/at91sam9x5ek.h>. Some quote information
---8>---
#define CONFIG_MTD_DEVICE
#define CONFIG_CMD_MTDPARTS
#define CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS
#define CONFIG_RBTREE
#define CONFIG_LZO
#define CONFIG_CMD_UBI
#define CONFIG_CMD_UBIFS

#define CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN           (4 * 1024 * 1024) // for mount ubifs
---<8---

2. if you just want use ubifs as rootfs. just one thing for u-boot, it
is bootcmd, please also reference <include/configs/at91sam9x5ek.h>.

Best Regards,
Bo Shen